Skip to main content

Swoodle Everything!

Swoodle. What is a swoodle you may ask? So may red lines all in my draft because swoodle is not actually in the dictionary. So intriguing now, isn't it? Well you are in luck because today not only am I going to tell you what a swoodle is, but i am also going to show you TWO recipes you can use swoodles in!

A swoodle is simply a sweet potato noodle made from a vegetable spiralizer. Evidently my computer does not recognize spiralizer either! Click here for the spiralizer I use. And click here for the spiralizer I want to purchase next!


It all started last Fall when sweet potato prices dropped so low we could not resist in buying SIXTY POUNDS OF SWEET POTATOES. Yep. Sixty pounds. My husband and I took turns around the clock chopping and roasting, we even had to go out and invest in a deep freezer! The majority of prep we did was in the form of roasted sweet potatoes, we measured out 100g baggies and froze them for super efficient meal prep. Along with cubing, we also made sweet potato chips with a mandolin, sweet potato hash with a cheese grater, and my favorite, SWOODLES with with spiralizer! Enjoy these photos and breakfast recipes for a Swoodle Casserole and Eggs in a Swoodle!





Swoodle Casserol
Servings:4

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups swoodles
8 eggs
1 cup kale (chopped)
1/2c mushrooms (sliced)
8oz breakfast sausage (optional)
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease square pan (9x9).
3. Add swoodles evenly to the bottom of the greased pan.
4. Layer on kale, mushrooms, and sausage evenly on top of the swoodles. 
5. Lastly, whisk together eggs, add salt and pepper, and add evenly on top of all ingredients in pan.
6. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until completely cooked through. Slice and enjoy!


Eggs in a Swoodle
servings: 1

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup swoodles
2 eggs
olive oil
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat an oven safe pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Form swoodles in 2 circular shapes on the hot pan, leaving a hole in the center.
3. Let cook for 3 minutes.
4. Transfer pan to oven and cook for 12 minutes.
5. Take pan out and crack an egg in each circle. Add salt and pepper and put back in the oven for 5 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your desired texture. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Easy Steps to Create A Healthier Home

In my opinion, there are two main components to have a healthier home: reducing toxicity and increasing happiness. These are the two concepts I will be writing about today, keep them in mind as an overarching theme throughout the post. While you spend time in your home over the next couple of weeks, ask yourself - Is this toxic for my home? Or, will this increase the happiness in my home? We work so hard to keep our bodies healthy but have you ever stopped to think about the health of your environment? Humans spend a whopping 90% of their time indoors! And in many cases, the quality of our air indoors is 2-5x more polluted than the air outside. I worked hard to make my home exactly how I wanted it, especially because I work from home. See what steps below you can implement into your home to make your environment one that promotes productivity, happiness, and health! Step one - reduce toxicity. An obvious first sign to reducing toxins would be filtering them out with an air fi...

Matcha Matcha Matcha

For almost 4 weeks now I have consumed zero coffee. This is the first time in my adult life that I have gone this long without consuming coffee and I would say I was an avid coffee drinker. I rarely missed a day that I did not drink any coffee, and I typically drank between 1-2 cups per day. And by cups I mean those larger coffee mugs on the 12-16oz size filled to the brim. My coffees were typically healthy, I used organic coffee, dairy free milk alternatives like cashew or almond milk, if I did use a sweetener it was always a local maple syrup or honey. I loved creating tasty seasonally themed lattes. The only thing was, I got sick when I drank them! It was normal for me to get bad stomach cramps when I drank a coffee, often resulting in running to the bathroom and you know the rest. Having diarrhea after you drink your morning coffee is not normal my friends. Some other negative side effects of coffee consumption that you may be experiencing include headache, anxiety, depr...

Becoming a Pre & Postnatal Exercise Specialist: Fit For Birth Q & A

Since I was a young child, I can remember being absolutely obsessed with babies. My friends and I would treat our baby dolls like real babies - feeding them, putting them down for naps, even taking them for walks in their strollers around the block! As I got older that dream of being a mother, while still very prominent, also turned into my career. With my knowledge from  Fit For Birth  (FFB) and my previous education as a Holistic Health Coach, I now run a very successful business catering to none other than pregnant and postpartum moms alike! My education at Fit For Birth completely blew my mind. When I went into the program, I was expecting to learn how to train a women during her pregnancy - what I left with, however, was a very deep understanding of the woman's body during and after pregnancy, and ways to use exercise and movement to correct muscle imbalances and patterns to shift outcomes and prevent injuries. The program I completed was the Pre & Postnatal Correc...